Tuesday 16 August 2011

Interlaken, Switzerland: Scraping about in the mountains


The next place we visited by train was Interlaken in Switzerland.

Here it is on a map...


While France had lots of grey concrete buildings and angry Parisians, Switzerland had lots of mountains...




Mum wouldn't let me chalk inside this one. Or take photos. In case I dropped my stick and camera and jumped in the middle of the mountain to save both. I didn't leave any messages, but a photo was necessary. The waterfall fell right through the middle of a gigantic mountain, and it was immense.



Drinking tea out of the world's tiniest cups, and writing messages on a chalkboard, on the back of a hostel door. The door to a loo...




Looking at houses with funny shaped roofs, and houses full of chopped wood, instead of people.


Walking along...


For my friend Emma Huckerby...


To show that I am thinking of her whilst on holiday, and hoping that she uses her experiences to write a best-selling novel. Or, at least, a column in a glossy magazine.





Beautiful.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment