Monday 13 April 2020

Isolation Chalking: Manchester (forever)

When you’ve been isolated for a month, you start to notice all of the really tiny things around you. Like, what time the sun hits the bookcase in your dining room every day (1740, if you’re interested), that’s there a massive allotment just three streets from your house (some big things were noticed during this period), and when a song is so perfect for a moment, the lyrics actually start coming to life (kind of).

This morning, I put my bunny out to play, made a coffee, sat on the back doorstep and started listening to ‘Hello Sunshine’. And for the first time in five years I felt compelled to run for my stash of chalk and capture this moment. It’s not ground-breaking, it’s just a patch of sun on the wall in front of me. But I feel like Gruff Rhys totally sent it from Wales to Manchester to make this day a little bit more interesting (I know it came straight from the sky, but I can pretend, right?)

‘Hello Sunshine. Come into my life’ - Gruff Rhys





No comments:

Post a Comment